Intellectual Property Rights in Asia
Regarding the application for registration and enforcement of intellectual property rights in Asian countries, many particularities of partly rapidly developing legal systems must be taken into account. Therefore, for decades, LS-MP has maintained an intensive network with selected, highly qualified IP firms especially in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand. Regular personal contacts with the foreign colleagues ensure a smooth, rapid and also cost-effective implementation of the measures to be carried out.
– Application for registration of IP rights through experienced
attorneys acting as agents
– Advice on the development of an IP strategy for the Asian
market, including provision of an IP portfolio, monitoring of
activities of the competitors
– Drafting of agreements: Together with our partners of LS-IP Loth
& Spuhler Intellectual Property Law we prepare agreements on a
cooperation with Asian companies, technology transfer and grant
– Enforcement of patents, utility models, designs and trademarks
in judicial or administrative proceedings before the relevant local
intellectual property authorities or before the Administration for
Industry and Commerce
– Conduct of border seizure proceedings.
Our services for clients from Asia comprise all services in the IP area which are summarized under the range of services patents, trademarks and designs.